Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Resurrection

It's been so long I no longer remember what font I use, how I format, but I'll figure it out soon.

With a little help from my friends I realized it was due time to come back to this project (omg).
Especially after such a good dinner tonight.

So this is no longer exclusively Turkey -- besides, I eat so many other delightful things.




It's November. Real fall has just set in. Kitchen Kreativity was on the low this week and last... Our senior-status has challenged our engagement in procedural and complex culinary expeditions. But we decided to fight back...


Ricotta gnocchi; made with part-skim ricotta, 2 eggs, and a mixture of whole wheat and white flour.




The dough was gently formed into "babies", rolled out into a tube with excess flour coating the hands, and then segmented, dropped into boil water and removed after they floated, roughly 2-3 minutes. Next, they awaited their true fate in a pot with some butter and fresh sage.




A map of the operation. And the spinach.





The side-project (pretty central though in reality); grated ambercup squash cooked with butter, sage, nutmeg and a bit 'o water.



a + b + c = d licious




& why not complete the occasion by pudding some soft, spiced, bread, banana and pumpkin in my mouth?




Pumpkin & Banana Bread Pudding. Super moist, not quite sweet enough on its own but I am always happy to adjust such things on a case by case basis.

More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment