Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sweets

Greek Sweets.

Of course most Baklavah looks good but this was just too honey'd for me.


Bread, cakes, ya know.


Candy.
I didn't buy those sour straws but they appeared in my dream the night that I saw them. There was something in the middle of them. I think I should have bought some.



To the left, a treat that I sometimes enjoy in my own country (Turkey, that is); two thin wafers with nougat and pistachios (or even better, fig paste) sandwiched in between.



All sorts of creamy puffs.



I settled on two (lighter) snacks whose photos aren't so entrancing;
1. a homemade, soft and chewy sesame-honey-almond bar. Delicious. Nice roasted flavor. Good for the bus home, finger-lickin good. There's something I like about eating seeds.
2. a bar made of intensely cooked down apples - think solid apple sauce, studded with almonds. Quite sweet, I found it most pleasurable open-sandwich style on a banana slice.



No comments:

Post a Comment