Monday, March 8, 2010

a shmorgasbord of delights

Four friends or four grilled fish? Don't make me choose.



Simple lemony salad, efes, Bosphorus.



It's cheap, whatever it is.



I just can't get enough.



A sandwish come true. Freshly grilled fish, cabbage, lemon, carrots, red pepper...


I like those fatty stripes.


Lamb feet, heads, or shoes?


I wish braids in my hair looked a little more like these...


A dry, crumbly, buttery, sesame'd street treat.


A bag of pistachios, beer nuts, fried corn ("corn nuts"), sesame coated peanuts, sugar coated roast chickpeas... Versus dried melon, grapefruit, orange and assorted rinds.


A view from the inside; outside of the spice bazaar, cradled in pleasant fragrances of cheese, olives and sausage, yells of busy salesmen echo one another.


Dried everything and anything.

2 comments:

  1. hey! i can't believe i forgot to mention this but my boss just went to istanbul for a conference and brought back some snack foods, of the beer nut corn nut sesame peanut variety, apparently. thank you for illuminating what they were, boss had no idea and just said "bought from the market, must be good." also brought some turkish delight, of course.
    bisous,
    ariel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I just got this. I doubt you will ever get this.
    Glad I could be helpful.

    ReplyDelete