Thursday, February 25, 2010

necessities in my bitchen turkish kitchen


Rose Jam; petals included. A simple life is lifted up to the skies.




Assorted canned goods are a must. Stuffed grape leaves, stuffed cabbage leaves and my personal favorite, İmam bayıldı, a famous Turkish dish. "Tamek" is the #1 brand.





Which literally means, "the Imam was thrilled" (by the delicious, oily treat). Braised eggplant stuffed with tomato, onion and garlic. Sitting in oil.





Imagine... savory apple sauce. This is it, and its four times better. I had been craving it for 3 days. I ate the entire can right before dinner, couldn't help it. So soft, slippery and comforting, it just fills your mouth. It is not too salted or spiced, which is usually a problem--but not here. Of course, that allows you some freedom, in this case, I sprinkled the plate with sumak and red pepper so my wet friends could adopt a nice little crust. Would be great in or with eggs, in a sandwich, in a salad, over rice, or just with a spoon.
I think I might resort to eating cans on the way to school, but hopefully not, I don't know if I want to be that foreign exchange student.



and only on weekends... the most popular (turkish) choice.


iyi aksamlar.

No comments:

Post a Comment