Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Days in the life

Another fine dining experience at my favorite spot, Ciya.
After a round of salads, two soups.
#1 (and it was #1): yogurt soup with lamb, artichoke heart, chickpeas and saffron. Unlike anything I have had before... subtle and soft and oh so delicious.


#2. Lamb meatballs, Köfte, with sour cherries. Not my favorite, but still delectable, sweet and savory. With a nice sprinkling of fresh parsley and some soggy bread underneath.




After, some beautiful (and best) marzipan in Kadikoy. With a hint of something I just can't place until it's in my mouth, these cuties are much better than average, airbrushed to perfection and they come in an impressive plethora of shapes and sizes (note the white growths coming out of the potatoes). The peaches are my favorite.





It's not often I find a brew that ain't Efes... Let alone something so close to home...


That means "yes"!

It's the international edition.



Cool.
Still haven't popped it. Waiting for the purrrfect moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment